NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), as I believe I’ve mentioned, quickly approacheth. That means late hours, lots of caffeine, a sense of panic and dread, lack of sleep, madness…Wait, panic and dread? Really?
Here are some ways to overcome your fear of writing 50,000 words in 30 days:
- Don’t participate – Run away while you can!
- Set your own goal for November; it’s not so much about writing a whole novel as it is actually getting words on paper, isn’t it? IMO, anyway.
- Write as much as you possibly can stand to the first week. After that, it gets harder.
- Use the Writer’s Block program I shared with you on Monday. Set small goals several times a day. It adds up fast!
- Reward yourself when you’ve reached certain milestones. Wrote the recommended 1,667 words for the day? A bag of M&Ms for you!
Not interested in writing a novel? Not interested in writing PERIOD? Hmm. That is a foreign concept to me. Data not computing…malfunctioning…Bzzt..brrssttt…ARGH!